Monday, August 4, 2008

July just sped by for me.
Alex started middle school, Kyra and Elise started kindergarten and Max moved into third grade.
I took Max and Alex to Lantana Lodge north of Dallas for my family reunion. We saw loads of family, and the kids got to run around with their cousins without too much oversight. Max had a blast with his cousins - absolute boy heaven. A big change from at home where Max is always out numbered by girls! Jeff stayed at home with the younger girls; Kyra managed to come down with a stomach virus about the time Alex, Max and I boarded our plane. Really sorry I missed that one! ;-)
The new windows/house painting is almost completed, the remaining painting will be done tomorrow. (Jeff is working on painting the trim on the inside of the windows.) New pictures soon.
And we made the big changes at work to end our product line. Now there's just a little left to do before the end of the August, when we all turn in our badges.
So, August will bring lots of change. Soccer season has started for Alex, Kyra and Elise (and Jeff, as a coach). Max just signed up for martial arts classes. And in four weeks, I'll be out of a job, a place I haven't been for over twenty years.

No comments: