I had a very nice lunch today. My friend Jean entered the lottery for the
Flavors Restaurant and got a reservation for lunch today. The culinary students at Wake Tech make and serve the food. The price is excellent, $8 a person. And the meal was wonderful. Today there were three first course choices , four entrees and three desserts. I started with the Carpaccio with Horseradish Cream followed by the Grilled Lamb Chops and finishing up with the Chocolate Truffle Cake (from the
Menu 1). Jean and I had a wonderful lunch, and since she works mornings and I am taking some time off, we got to take our time eating and got some good girl-talk time as well. It is definitely something I'll do again. I'm going to take a look at some of the other menus and see if I can get a reservation while my schedule is my own.
3 comments:
Okay, you surprised me. I had no idea you had a blog! I noticed the "1 blog follower" on the dashboard and got to you! I can't wait to put you on my blog list. I love the red house, didn't know you were off work (although, come to think about it, I remember you mentioning it), can't believe - again - your big girls are in kindergarten. Great, great, great. Can't wait to read more.
The blogging is new, and doesn't seem to have much of a theme. But I like it. Maybe I'll find a direction someday. If not, I'll just comment on whatever is on my mind at the time! :-) I just found out about the 'blog follower' yesterday, when I noticed the '1 blog follower' on my dashboard. Cool little gadget. I love reading your blog. It's great to learn about the kids. And I so get your last post! I have times like that too. You found the best solution, friends with kids and pizza (and occasionally, a glass of wine or a beer).
I still feel like I'm trying to find a theme, too, although it's hard to argue that most of the posts are about motherhood. How could they not be with the total immersion job that it is? My parents, at first highly skeptical, love it now. They say it gives them a way of knowing how and what we're doing, even though we don't see them very often.
As for the wine? Yes. We had some with the pizza. Lightened both our moods. We were both having the same kind of day, which was why she called me. We've promised to do more calling and getting together in the future for the preservation of our mental health.
Post a Comment