So yummy! If I weren't trying to be good, I'd be eating one right now. Or more than one. Because I never eat just one piece of candy. And in just 28 days, my kids will bring home all their candy and I'll snarf some of that too. Just when the candy finally gets old, it's Thanksgiving. A holiday built around a huge meal. This year we're traveling to spend the holiday with my brother's fiance's family. And I'm sure there will be tons of food, too good to resist. Even before we return home, there will be Christmas candy in the stores. Again, I have a great fondness for the Hershey's Kisses, this time in the Candy Cane variety (my mouth is watering). Then, of course, there is Christmas dinner followed closely by New Year's Eve with its additional alcohol calories, and New Year's Day dinner. After a slight lull, we'll find Valentine's candy in the stores, enjoy some St. Patrick's Day celebrations and shortly thereafter start picking up Easter candy in the stores. No wonder we're all so relieved to get to summer. This year, I'm actually getting a little exercise, so hopefully it'll help offset the candy (ha!). I must resist buying the candy! But, it will probably go on sale next week, and I won't want to get the yucky left-over stuff the day before Halloween. (One year my neighbor waited too late and ran over to Target for candy early during the day on October 31st. She was so annoyed that the Halloween themed candies were gone and the Christmas candies were already stocked on the shelves!)
I'd best get going...it's time for lunch!

2 comments:
I'm not sure how I missed this one, but it is hilarious! And all so totally true.
The really scary part is that I have now purchased the Halloween candy. I sit in the house in the evening and think, "It's only one piece, it won't hurt...." I can't stop thinking about the candy! Hopefully, I will be able to containt myself for another week and only snack on Halloween night!
Post a Comment